Thursday, June 27, 2013

Wood Redux


American Gothic by Grant Wood is reportedly the 2nd most recognized painting. Second to the Mona
Lisa, and everyone under the sun has taken a turn at parodying it. My wife and I went to Eldon Iowa as part of a weekend jot, and we had someone take our picture in front of the same house Mr. Wood used in his famous painting. The cloths were provided by the visitor center, and the photoshopping provided by me to make the image look just right.

Someone is actually living in and caring for the house. They make money by selling pies in the front parlor. I think they make quite a bit of money too. Everyone was walking out with pie in tow. It was fun going there.

I'll be adding to the image making series of this blog in a bit. The best parts are coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment